In order to promote investment & new development, the negative impressions and perceptions of the Empangeni Rail area needed to be addressed.
The improvements undertaken included the following:
- Rehabilitation of “off street” parking areas consisting of various remedial measures including Base, Sub base and asphalt re-instatement.
- Upgrading of existing sidewalks and traffic islands utilzing segmented pavers.
- Construction of additional storm water drainage inlets.
- Rehabilitation of damaged kerbing and channeling.
- Ancillary road walks, including traffic signage and road marking.